LF  WF  Login  Suche  Registrieren

ABC-Folgen & -Diskussionen > The Djinn EncountersLOST-fans.de Forum - The Djinn Encounters

In diesem Thread befinden sich 5 Posts. Er wurde 4310 mal gelesen.
Antworten Druckansicht

qu4d
The Djinn Encounters - 06.02.2007, 15:37:39nach oben

Gast

The Djinn Encounters

In the Koran is written
Sure 72-13
Zitat:
And indeed when we heard the Guidance (this Qur'ân), we believed therein, and whosoever believes in his Lord shall have no fear, either of a decrease in the reward of his good deeds or an increase in punishment for his sins.

So if you have faith in your god you don´t need to be afraid.
You won´t be punished.

Eko

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In Episode "2x10 - 23. Psalm" Eko has faith in god. Charlotte Malkin told Eko that Yemi said that Eko is a good priest and he´s proud of him. On the island Eko didn´t speak for 40 days because he sinned.
At the latest since Eko knows about the drug statues he knows Yemi (´s body) is on the island which has to be a miracle.
So his faith is great.

Eko:
Zitat:
I was not afraid of it.

Damon Lindelof in the audio commentary:
Zitat:
And that´s the key there. It means, Eko wasn´t afraid of the smoke and eh eh we actually have talked about this a little bit before and you know this is the significance in terms of why the smoke monster didn´t harm him.

So Smokey couldn´t/didn´t want to harm Eko because he has faith and no fear.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In "3x05 - The Cost of Living" Eko is different.

For better understanding this we got a flashback from his childhood.
As a kid Eko steals food for Yemi but he doesn´t want to confess because it was for a greater good. He doesn´t accept it was a sin
and not to confess is against god. He doesn´t believe.

The same thing happens several years later.

Zitat:
Eko: I ask for no forgiveness father for i have not sinned. I´ve only done what i needed to survive...
Yemi: You speak to me as if i were your brother.
Eko: (totally afraid and weird) Who are you? WHO ARE YOU? WHO ARE YOU?

This is the same thing. Although he is faithfull he won´t accept this was a sin. This is against his belief and so he got judged by Smokey.

Eko was killed because he has no more faith/he was afraid.

diMaggio
The Djinn Encounters - 06.02.2007, 15:54:03nach oben

Gast

Das ist ein sehr Interessanter Gesichtspunkt und auch ein guter Vorschlag, warum Smokey Eko am Ende doch noch getötet hat.
Thx für diesen Post.

emyebo
The Djinn Encounters - 06.02.2007, 16:16:52nach oben

Gast

Aber in Lost geht es doch nicht um den Glauben an Gott... Oder?

diMaggio
The Djinn Encounters - 06.02.2007, 16:45:35nach oben

Gast

Lol, nein, hat ja auch keiner gesagt.
Hier ging's ja nur darum, warum Smokey Mr. Eko zu anfang nichts getan und ihn dann letztendlich doch umgebracht hat.

El Pogo
The Djinn Encounters - 06.02.2007, 22:09:21nach oben

Gast

Iss ja im Tierreich sehr ähnlich: wenn das Tier Deine Angst wittert, wird es meistens erst angriffslustig und verliert den Respekt.

© 2024 pScript | Icons by dryIcons | Regeln & Disclaimer