LOST-fans.de Forum / ABC-Folgen & -Diskussionen / The Djinn EncountersLOST-fans.de Forum - The Djinn Encounters
In diesem Thread befinden sich 5 Posts.
The Djinn Encounters 06.02.2007, 15:37qu4d
The Djinn Encounters

In the Koran is written
Sure 72-13
Zitat:
And indeed when we heard the Guidance (this Qur'ân), we believed therein, and whosoever believes in his Lord shall have no fear, either of a decrease in the reward of his good deeds or an increase in punishment for his sins.

So if you have faith in your god you don´t need to be afraid.
You won´t be punished.

Eko

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In Episode "2x10 - 23. Psalm" Eko has faith in god. Charlotte Malkin told Eko that Yemi said that Eko is a good priest and he´s proud of him. On the island Eko didn´t speak for 40 days because he sinned.
At the latest since Eko knows about the drug statues he knows Yemi (´s body) is on the island which has to be a miracle.
So his faith is great.

Eko:
Zitat:
I was not afraid of it.

Damon Lindelof in the audio commentary:
Zitat:
And that´s the key there. It means, Eko wasn´t afraid of the smoke and eh eh we actually have talked about this a little bit before and you know this is the significance in terms of why the smoke monster didn´t harm him.

So Smokey couldn´t/didn´t want to harm Eko because he has faith and no fear.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In "3x05 - The Cost of Living" Eko is different.

For better understanding this we got a flashback from his childhood.
As a kid Eko steals food for Yemi but he doesn´t want to confess because it was for a greater good. He doesn´t accept it was a sin
and not to confess is against god. He doesn´t believe.

The same thing happens several years later.

Zitat:
Eko: I ask for no forgiveness father for i have not sinned. I´ve only done what i needed to survive...
Yemi: You speak to me as if i were your brother.
Eko: (totally afraid and weird) Who are you? WHO ARE YOU? WHO ARE YOU?

This is the same thing. Although he is faithfull he won´t accept this was a sin. This is against his belief and so he got judged by Smokey.

Eko was killed because he has no more faith/he was afraid.
The Djinn Encounters 06.02.2007, 15:54diMaggio
Das ist ein sehr Interessanter Gesichtspunkt und auch ein guter Vorschlag, warum Smokey Eko am Ende doch noch getötet hat.
Thx für diesen Post. ^^
The Djinn Encounters 06.02.2007, 16:16emyebo
Aber in Lost geht es doch nicht um den Glauben an Gott... Oder? :O
The Djinn Encounters 06.02.2007, 16:45diMaggio
Lol, nein, hat ja auch keiner gesagt.
Hier ging's ja nur darum, warum Smokey Mr. Eko zu anfang nichts getan und ihn dann letztendlich doch umgebracht hat.
;)
The Djinn Encounters 06.02.2007, 22:09El Pogo
Iss ja im Tierreich sehr ähnlich: wenn das Tier Deine Angst wittert, wird es meistens erst angriffslustig und verliert den Respekt.

© 2024 pScript | Icons by dryIcons | Regeln & Disclaimer

https://www.lost-fans.de/forum